Wellington, now here is a city where the sun shines all year round, where the wind is not but a murmur on the tip of the grass...
The 13th found me out at the Seal Colony, Sinclair Head, where the weather was clear and a very strong wind off shore. The beach was a mixture of stone and sand, neither was agreeable but doable. Got as far as I could go on the beach road before it was washed out. No seals but on the return along the beach came across a patch of wild flowers. Stopped, kick stand down, grabbed my camera and if the wind didn’t knock the bike over on top of me. The kick stand pinned my right foot under the bike. Trying to lift the bike off you in the prone position is not happening. I must of struggled for 15 minutes before a vehicle came by and helped get the bike off me. My right foot was in bad shape with possible fractured toe. Did I get this looked at………guess. It took months before the swelling went down.
The 14th was a trip over the Rimutaka Pass where I lost the bike’s front wind screen from a very strong gust of wind.
And did I mention the weather; wet, fog, rain and wind gusting up to..??? Once you got into Featherston, it was sunny and windy but ohhhhhhhhh so much better. To Waiohine Gorge and a walk across the wire bridge. It was back to Wellington via the Rimutaka Pass again and the fog was the pits.
Saturday, October 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment