Monday, October 30, 2006

October 30 Napier to Wairoa

Next leg was to head to Opotiki via the Motu gravel road. I must have pissed off someone some where because just about halfway between Napier and Wairoa the chain
comes off the bike. As I brought my own tools for this trip it was a no-brainer getting the chain back on, except for having to down load all of your gear off the bike. As I had the bike up on the center stand it would be prudent to check out the chain before getting underway. You know where I am going with this story don't you?!!!!! Well as I am watching the tyre spin don't I just notice a large bubble...... It seems that the tyre has delaminated to a degree. After calling the rental company I have no other option but to continue to Wairoa and find a tyre shop. Getting into Wairoa, stopping at the Goodyear dealer, and the dealer is talking to the bike rental company as I pull in. Any how they had to bring another tyre in from Gisborne, arriving that afternoon and I had the tyre back on the bike by 1700 hrs and into a holiday camp sight for the night.

No comments: