Thursday, October 26, 2006

October 26 Rotorua to Hastings

Next day it was off to Route 1 to Waiouru looking for the Taihape Napier Road. Before I get too far, I spotted another electronic Loo on the east side of Lake Taupo. There were about fifty people in a large circle around the loo and every time the lights would flash, they would all hold their hands in the air and hum ......

Getting back to the Napier road; it was probably one of the most scenic rides that I've done since being here. I could go back and forth on that road a dozen times and never get bored with it. I had estimate about 30km of gravel. Talking to one of the sheep farmer's, he mentioned that the week before the weather was right nasty and the roads were closed.

Spent the night in Hastings at a holiday camp where at 2400 hrs had a
bunch of locals come into the camp and just made all kinds of noise and of course management was not to be found.

No comments: