Wednesday, October 18, 2006

October 18 Rotorua to New Plymouth

Next morning, 5 degrees Celsius, it was on the road again to New Plymouth. Would someone like to figure out what the chill factor was at 5 degrees and
traveling on a bike doing 100km............... I was not only cold, I was freezing and the hand warmer on the Beamer was a joke .... Next we hit fog that cuts the vis down to 100 meters or less. After 7 hours on the bike, the sun finally appeared off New Plymouth. As I type this log the core temperature is back up to normal and let’s just guess what the weather is for the next week...... anyone, just because the isobars coming out of Australia are a bit tight and they are heading our way.....
I am re-learning the tune to the Battle Hymn of the Republic so I can survive the next 2 weeks of weather.

Anyway it was over to Route 32 on the west side of Taupo turning on Route 41 to Taumarunui. From here it is Route 43 (Heritage Trail) through the Moki Tunnel and finally Strafford. I kick myself for not taking enough pictures on this road as it was just a great ride through all of the gorges. From Strafford it is Route 3 into New Plymouth staying with another mate of Alan’s.

Inclement weather was forecasted for New Plymouth the next day so as how much I just love to ride in the rain, it was decided that I best get out of town come morning.

No comments: