Monday, October 2, 2006

October 2 South Head

Believing that Mother Nature was in a better state of mine and that there is a possibility of sun on the horizon. Out the door for me first trip and South Head it was for the day. With the GPS in hand, it was Route 1 to Rt 16 through Massey where I got properly lost and ran around in circles for a bit and almost became a permanent fixture at the round about. South Head was spotted on a road sign and the rest of the trip was great. The road was in good nick and I actually saw the sun. It is a very picturesque run up to South Head with little or no traffic. Well the return trip proved to me that Mother Nature has a very short memory for fair weather. On the return about 15km out of Auckland I noticed a very dark grey horizon and it was getting blacker by the minute. You are now on Rt 1 going through Auckland at the evening rush hour, its raining buckets, you can not see for both your glasses and helmet visor is fogged to the max, you are soaked and your boots are full of water and last of all you can’t read the GPS getting you back to Alan’s. Pulled off the road into a petrol station and waited until the weather cleared up a bit. Found out that I was only a kilometer from Alan’s.

No comments: